4.3 SR 01-18-2022
Council Agenda Packets
2021 - 2030
4.3 SR 01-18-2022
2/14/2022 12:59:27 PM
1/14/2022 8:28:34 AM
There are no annotations on this page.
Document management portal powered by Laserfiche WebLink 9 © 1998-2015
All rights reserved.
Pages to print
Enter page numbers and/or page ranges separated by commas. For example, 1,3,5-12.
After downloading, print the document using a PDF reader (e.g. Adobe Reader).
View plain text
Request for Action <br />To <br />Item Number <br />Mayor and Ci T Council <br />4.3 <br />Agenda Section <br />Meeting Date <br />Prepared by <br />Consent <br />January 18, 2022 <br />Suzanne Fischer, Community Development Director <br />Item Description <br />Reviewed by <br />Financial Contribution to the Arvig Broadband <br />Peter Beck, City Attorney <br />Expansion Project <br />Reviewed by <br />Cal Portner, City Administrator <br />Action Requested <br />Approve, by motion, a 25% contribution to the Arvig Broadband Expansion Project in the City of Elk River. <br />Background/Discussion <br />Sherburne County has developed a Broadband Access Grant Program to help broadband providers expand their <br />services to those locations where it may not be economically feasible without a public -private partnership. Arvig <br />has submitted a proposal to bring high-speed broadband service to approximately 247 homes and businesses <br />within the City of Elk River. <br />The applicant is requesting $1.2 million in American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) funds to supplement the $2 million <br />project. Sherburne County will to contribute 75% of the grant funds and has requested the city to participate with <br />a contribution for the remaining 25%. Without the city's contribution, the project would not be eligible to receive <br />county grant assistance and therefore, not proceed. <br />Financial Impact <br />$301,305 from American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) funds. <br />Mission/Policy/Goal <br />Improve broadband connectivity. <br />Attachments <br />■ Contribution Request Letter from Sherburne County <br />■ Tekstar dba Arvig Project Overview <br />■ Broadband Overview Map and Addresses <br />■ Resolution 22-X <br />The Elk River Vision <br />A welcoming community with revolutionary and spirited resourcefulness, exceptional <br />service, and community engagement that encourages and inspires pi ospei ly. <br />M <br />TUREJ <br />Updated.• August 2020 <br />
The URL can be used to link to this page
Your browser does not support the video tag.